Project Image

West Park, Wolverhampton - A wonderful open space!

West Park is in Wolverhampton. This 43 acre park is one of the best unspoilt Victorian parks left in England.

West Park is on Park Road West and Park Road East in the City of Wolverhampton.  Formerly called the People's Park, it opened in 1881. It was the site of the Race Course or Broad Meadows, owned by the Duke of Cleveland. The park was landscaped between 1879 and 1881. The park includes several ornamental lakes, a bandstand and a conservatory. Commemorative flower beds were set out for the Coronation of King George V in 1911 and the same for King George VI in 1937.

What we found out

What difference has it made

Passions

History & heritage, Photography, Environment & green action
People & community, Rivers, lakes & canals, Landscape architecture, Green open spaces, Classic Architecture

Project dates

28 May 2020 - On-going

Contact (for more details)

Admin FreeTimePays

0121 410 5520
Admin@ FreeTimePays.com